Prerequisite: No formal pre-requisites; an understanding of pre-calculus will be assumed.
Textbook: James Stewart, Calculus: Early Transcendentals, 9th edition
The course covers the first five chapters (plus a few sections of Chapter 6) in course textbook (Calculus, Early Transcendentals, by Stewart).
- Functions and Models (Chapter 1)
- Limits and derivatives (Chapter 2)
- Differentiation rules (Chapter 3)
- Applications of Differentiation (Chapter 4)
- The integral (Chapter 5)
- Applications of the integral (Chapter 6 — selected sections)
A sample syllabus for this course is available.
Information on Calculus Classes:
- Calculus Placement
- options to buy the course textbook
- answers to frequently asked questions
Calculus Director: George Dragomir
Barnard Calculus Director: Dusa McDuff
Course Coordinator: Lindsay Piechnik
Help Room Schedule: 502 Milstein Center (Barnard Campus)Print this page