- For representation theory aficionados, George Lusztig has put on the arXiv a long document with comments on his papers (for a bit more about him, see this).
- For a new idea exemplifying the potential grand unification of mathematics and physics, Minhyong Kim and others have been developing arithmetic Chern-Simons theory (see here and here). There was a recent workshop on the topic, videos of talks available here.
- The editors of the Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics are leaving the Springer journal, setting up a new journal, Algebraic Combinatorics. For more about this, there’s a press release, a story at Inside Higher Education, and a blog entry by Timothy Gowers.
- Landon Clay, founder of the Clay Mathematics Insitute, passed away last week, more about him available here.
- There’s a profile and interview with Carlo Rovelli here.
- While Google continues to develop our new machine overlords, Google money will fund a new IAS program to address their theoretical underpinnings.
Last Updated on