- For representation theory aficionados, George Lusztig has put on the arXiv a long document with comments on his papers (for a bit more about him, see this).
- For a new idea exemplifying the potential grand unification of mathematics and physics, Minhyong Kim and others have been developing arithmetic Chern-Simons theory (see here and here). There was a recent workshop on the topic, videos of talks available here.
- The editors of the Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics are leaving the Springer journal, setting up a new journal, Algebraic Combinatorics. For more about this, there’s a press release, a story at Inside Higher Education, and a blog entry by Timothy Gowers.
- Landon Clay, founder of the Clay Mathematics Insitute, passed away last week, more about him available here.
- There’s a profile and interview with Carlo Rovelli here.
- While Google continues to develop our new machine overlords, Google money will fund a new IAS program to address their theoretical underpinnings.
Quantum Theory, Groups and Representations
Not Even Wrong: The Book
- Book Reviews (98)
- BRST (12)
- Experimental HEP News (148)
- Fake Physics (6)
- Favorite Old Posts (46)
- Langlands (33)
- Multiverse Mania (147)
- Not Even Wrong: The Book (27)
- Obituaries (20)
- Quantum Mechanics (10)
- Quantum Theory: The Book (6)
- Strings 2XXX (18)
- Swampland (9)
- This Week's Hype (100)
- Uncategorized (1,157)
- Back 32
bixter zavala, Koji Fujiwara, Peter Shor, Davide Castelvecchi, Peter Woit, Anni [...]
- abc News 24
Peter Woit, Some observer, Peter Woit, Mateus Araújo, T, Peter Woit [...]
- Various Links 30
tulpoeid, Lee Smolin, Thomas Van Riet, Thomas Van Riet, Shantanu, Urs Schreiber [...]
- Strings 2018 Panel Discussion 18
Peter Woit, Richard Gaylord, Mark M, Peter Woit, Sebastian Thaler, Peter Woit [...]
- This Week's Hype 17
ned, Robert Karl Stonjek, Peter Woit, Peter Woit, Urs Schreiber, Anonyrat [...]
- Back 32