- For representation theory aficionados, George Lusztig has put on the arXiv a long document with comments on his papers (for a bit more about him, see this).
- For a new idea exemplifying the potential grand unification of mathematics and physics, Minhyong Kim and others have been developing arithmetic Chern-Simons theory (see here and here). There was a recent workshop on the topic, videos of talks available here.
- The editors of the Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics are leaving the Springer journal, setting up a new journal, Algebraic Combinatorics. For more about this, there’s a press release, a story at Inside Higher Education, and a blog entry by Timothy Gowers.
- Landon Clay, founder of the Clay Mathematics Insitute, passed away last week, more about him available here.
- There’s a profile and interview with Carlo Rovelli here.
- While Google continues to develop our new machine overlords, Google money will fund a new IAS program to address their theoretical underpinnings.
Quantum Theory, Groups and Representations
Not Even Wrong: The Book
- Book Reviews (104)
- BRST (12)
- Experimental HEP News (150)
- Fake Physics (6)
- Favorite Old Posts (47)
- Langlands (35)
- Multiverse Mania (152)
- Not Even Wrong: The Book (27)
- Obituaries (24)
- Quantum Mechanics (11)
- Quantum Theory: The Book (6)
- Strings 2XXX (18)
- Swampland (14)
- This Week's Hype (111)
- Uncategorized (1,176)
- Various 19
jsm, cedric bardot, Peter Woit, workerpleb, Anonyrat, jsm [...]
- Witten Interview 38
lca, Peter Woit, tulpoeid, Michael Harney, IM, Peter Woit [...]
- The Scientific Attitude 16
Peter Woit, Andrew Krause, Jim Given, Daniele Corradetti, Peter Woit, Thomas Van Riet [...]
- This and That 23
Peter Woit, Jon Butterworth, Peter Woit, martibal, Peter Woit, Anon [...]
- Falsifiability and physics 32
zzz, niels abel, Peter Shor, Peter Woit, Blake Stacey, Mark [...]
- Various 19