Columbia Home
Students – General Information

Incoming Students

A Few Things to Be Aware Of

Identification Cards – 204 Kent Hall

Obtain an ID Card.  New students will receive their official University ID Card only after they have registered. This ID Card will be your official University ID for the length of your academic career at Columbia.

Business Cards – 106 Pulitzer Hall

MAFN students can get Columbia business cards from the Columbia print services in Room 106 of Pulitzer Hall. You can find the instructions by going on line to Print Services and clicking on Student Business Cards.


University-owned housing is very limited. To apply for University housing, follow the directions at University Apartment Housing (UAH). Information about types of housing, leases, and location of University housing is available on the UAH website.

Columbia’s Off-Campus Housing Assistance (OCHA) office provides assistance in renting housing in New York City as well as a bulletin board on which you can search for prospective roommates who are Columbia students.

Health Services

International Students



Lion in front of Mathematics Hall

Students can buy a MATLAB Student license direclty from MathWorks. See MATLAB Student.

Digital Science Center

The Digital Science Center, located in the Science & Engineering Library in 401 Northwest Corner Building, is equipped with software specifically selected to support science and engineering research and coursework. Expert help is available from library staff. For students needing powerful computers and software to run programs and calculations you might find this a valuable resource. This might be especially helpful (not exclusively) for students needing to run programs for Math W4071 Introduction to the Mathematics of Finance, for example.

Columbia University – General

Getting Around New York City

Print this page